Friday, September 27, 2019

Gender balance in decks, for *me*.

I’ve never been into the goddess or angel decks- for these reasons... I really like decks to be balanced with both men and women- because the world has *both* men and women in it.  If the cards are to reflect things happening in our world, I want a deck to reflect the differences I deal with. 

I am a married woman with an adult son.  What’s happening in my personal world has more chances to deal with men than women - so I want to see both represented in my cards... getting the clearest picture is best for me.

This isn’t to say people can’t choose otherwise for whatever their needs may be.  And it’s also true I have a few animal decks where it’s ambiguous at times.  But I prefer ambiguous than a one-gendered deck.  It has nothing to do with me being adverse to female empowerment.  Of course I empower women and want to be empowered myself- but in the wide, wide world of life, we are all in this together, influencing and impacting everything that happens.  I want to keep my interpretations of the cards available to more than one thing.  Visuals go a long way with me being able to come to the best conclusions.  And if visuals weren’t important...we would have Tarot at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment