Sunday, September 29, 2019

The Dark Mansion Tarot!

I don't know if I can adequately find the words to express and explain The Dark Mansion Tarot.  I also wholeheartedly realize these things are subjective.  So, do understand that I am a person who loves this art-style and vibrant color pallet.  I obviously got it because it is a Tarot deck, but I find myself at times solely zeroing in on the artistry aside from that.  Such clarity, such resolution, how in the world did they capture this quality of color on these cards?  It's far more than I imagined with watching people's YouTube reviews and social media image uploads.  It's like the wonder of the Yankee Candle company capturing the ocean in a scent, so utterly succinctly. 

My son is colorblind, and last year we got him Enchroma colorblind glasses for Christmas.  When he got them, we went straight to the movies to see "Spider-Man:  Into the Spider-Verse", because those reds in the movie he would see for the first time in such a way.  I thought about that when looking at this deck.  People getting Enchroma glasses should look at the deck without and without the glasses to see how incredibly they pop.

Sure the art-style is reminiscent of Tim Burton, but also the style you find in the Coraline cartoon, The Tale of Despereaux, and many others beyond and even before Burton that play with proportion in animation- there's a name for this and I can't seem to think of it.  Aside from style- the genre slides form Victorian to Steampunk, and Gothic.  A visual delight to be sure.

Whatever your optical magnetism, I hope you find it in your perfect Tarot deck.  This one is a surefire winner for anyone who adores the same kinds of things I do.  The quality is visual, physical, and mental/intuitive (as far as reading them goes).  I recommend them in SPADES.  #cartomancyreferenceonfleek


No comments:

Post a Comment